Friday, November 7, 2008
Here is the fourth of six balls from the Baptist church. The first attempt was to paint it hammered green and cover it with rubber frogs which had been painted black, then hammered green. It looked really cute but the frogs kept falling off. I had sent it to the garden center in 2007 but the owner pulled it after several of the frogs came loose. So, I scraped them all off, touched up the hammered green paint, and tried again. This time I used large clear ovals on the equator, and a variety of large and small clear, plus clear butterflies, on the rest of the ball. I sold this one to my mother to give to her friend for Christmas 2007.