Sunday, February 8, 2009
Here's the sixth of six balls I received from the Baptist Church. It was maroon and I covered it with small clear, small brushed and small clear with white cat eye. Also, I used large clear and painted tulips on the flat back side. You can tell my painting is very primitive, but I enjoyed trying something different. I used paint made especially for painting on glass. This ball spent the summer at a nursery in 2007 but didn't sell. Since then it has been in it's carrier in my front room, waiting for me to do something with it. The painted pieces didn't hold up well in the weather, so I don't feel right about trying to sell it as a garden ornament.
May 26, 2009 - This ball is now marking the burial site of our beloved girl cat Cammie.
Here is ball #31. It was the fifth of six balls from the Baptist Church. I painted it hammered bronze and covered it with lime iridescent, clear with lime cat eye and brushed with lime cat eye, with a total of 524 marbles. It spent the summer of 2007 at a local nursery, didn't sell, and I gave it to a friend for Christmas. It now resides in her garden in Indiana.