Thursday, March 4, 2010
This ball marks a new direction in my decorating! My youngest sister's friend sent me her old black ball in January 2010 and wanted it decorated with dragonflies. I was mulling over a variety of ways that might be accomplished and I searched through the garden junk site on gardenweb. (A WONDERFUL forum - the people there are amazingly creative.) Someone on that site had posted a picture of a ball she made that had a dragonfly made with marbles on one side. I never would have come up with that on my own, but I'm thrilled with the end result. I painted the ball satin dark green by Krylon. The dragonflies are various combinations of opaque aqua, lime green and yellow. The background is dark translucent green (from Walmart). My sister's friend was happy with the ball also, so I have a paying customer! I completed it in February of 2010. I definitely plan to use this idea in various ways in the future. Yesterday, Little Man's father picked up 5 balls for me that I found on Craigslist, so I'm ready for big things!